Music Curriculum delivery is based on the National Curriculum.
lessons will include opportunities to:
- perform within a classroom setting
- Listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
- Lean to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (usually as an add-on to the timetables lesson)
- Use technology appropriately and have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
- Pupils should understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the interrelated dimensions: pitch, durations, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
Curriculum work is delivered in line with schools' own curriculum plans or thematic/topic-based schemes of work. Coventry Music staff work alongside school staff to create and audit a school Music Development Plan, demonstrating how music is embedded into the whole school curriculum
We also offer some other great curriculum based activities and workshops, contact us to find out more.
During the current pandemic we also put together a series of 10 lessons to support the primary curriculum. Get access to the resources.