Whole class programmes
What is included in the 1 year musical school programme?
- 1 class receives 1 hour per week of instrumental teaching each term, 3 different classes across the year
- Free instrument hire for whole class lessons
- Spring term offers an additional FREE 30-minute lesson for those students wishing to continue from the Autumn term cohort (10 pupils max)
- Summer term offers an additional FREE 30-minute lesson for those students wishing to continue from the Autumn or Spring term cohort (10 pupils max)
- Additional small group lessons can be provided to support over 10 pupils
Flexible Half Day
This route is our most flexible way for children to access music provision. Coventry Music will provide one tutor for a morning or afternoon over 33 weeks a year. Schools can decide how this is allocated across the school, although we recommend that children receive tuition for a minimum of a term. Examples can include whole class teaching, large group work and continuation lessons in small groups or for individuals. For groups of over 20 students schools need to provide a member of staff for support.
Flexible Hourly Rate
This route can be used to offer shorter term projects and one-off musical experiences. It is also ideal for music groups, after-school clubs, specialist class teaching and choirs.